Port Stephens Council invites artists to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for a signature sculptural piece/s that tells the story of Koala at a new Koala Sanctuary at One Mile.
PSC is constructing a Koala Sanctuary to care for sick, injured, and orphaned koalas in a natural setting.
The proposed sculptural installation will form part of the broader storytelling and creative aspects of the sanctuary and is part funded through the Stronger Communities Programme.
The artwork should provide a creative way for visitors to engage with and learn about the koala story. It will present the story in an “innovative and interactive way, encouraging visitors to further explore the Koala story in Port Stephens.”
The project provides an opportunity for artists to “explore the intersections of nature, art and storytelling.”
Applications will be assessed in the context of the projects aims. The project aims to:
- tell the story of and celebrate the Koala in Port Stephens, to role of the facility and the natural environment,
- improve the vibrancy and amenity of the Koala Sanctuary,
- create an innovative and unique statement sculpture,
- create an engaging and interactive sculpture to enhance the visitor experience, and
- celebrate creative industries and foster cultural expression within Port Stephens.
For further details on the site location, the materials, budget, what to include in your EOI and selection criteria please view the EOI documentation below.
To submit an expression of interest:
- View the EOI document and follow the instructions
The closing date for the EOI is 4.00 pm 29 May 2019.